Hello, I am Abeer Al Matooq
I am a Personal Power Coach based in Bahrain
Working with clients across the region.For as long as I can remember, I have always been passionate about human behavior and psychology. I am particularly curious about the factors behind some people, soaring through life with flying colors and getting almost everything they want… while others struggle to get by, hardly making ends meet, operating on low energy and in less than happy spirits. I remember running a number of surveys in my first year at University about happiness and where it comes from – it wasn’t related to my subject of my study, I was just passionately curious to know how different people think and perceive life, happiness and success!
I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature and Psychology, coupled with a Masters in Human Resources Management, which provided me with opportunities to work in domains that are highly interactive and rich in human relational challenges on many different levels. This fueled my passion to pursue this domain further. So, I kept reading; I kept learning; I kept exploring. And I still do; it’s a never ending journey.
I have survived a number of personal tragedies, through which I have strengthened my belief that life is all about choices. What do you choose to do with any situation you find yourself in? You can either lead the situation, or be a victim of it. That belief, combined with the faith that nothing is impossible if you want it enough, have constantly fueled my passion towards creating and living an extraordinary life, as well as helping others do the same.
I strongly believe that besides the essential knowledge required, coaching is a skill that is refined by the coach’s personal style. To me, it is an art. And I think of myself as an artist.
Facts about me:
- My top three values are Authenticity, Joy and Connection, those are not to be compromised on in anything I chose to do.
- I’m a chronic optimist and it irritates some people at times! But hey, it works for me!
- Reading is like oxygen to me.
- I am an introvert and extrovert at the same time. Don’t ask me how, I just am.
- I love traveling: cities, beaches, safaris… everything! Oh, and I adore marine life – dolphins and whales are my favorites!
- I love food and I eat mostly healthily, but I hate boring colorless stuff!
- Although vulnerable to an extent, I can master not showing any emotions. You might think I have a frozen heart! Yuh, that’s control.
- I don’t believe in coincidences, I know we live in a highly intelligent and well-engineered universe and that everything happens for a reason
- I adore horses and I ride sometimes. I am yet to master it, but for now, I enjoy the short rides while observing their behavior – because I know they too have personalities (like all animals).
- I love music and I love to dance, so I do it often! It fuels my soul.
- I adore flowers, but red roses are not my friends. Not that they aren’t beautiful, but they took on a ‘love messenger’ role which frustrates me. However, peonies and lilies make my heart sing!